The Australian Impact Group is pleased to announce registrations for Rural and Regional Veterans...
Big things are happening in Rural and Regional Queensland - Are you Ready !!
Across 77 of the Regional and Rural Local Government Areas in Queensland there are some exciting opportunities and projects that are transformational for our State. These present many exciting career and employment opportunities. However, you may just be overlooking the many digital opportunities for digital professions and digitally enabled professions.
Digital skills are becoming essential across various industries, including renewable energy, manufacturing, mining, and agriculture. These present a wealth of opportunities to consider for you and your family.
Here are some specific digital skills that are beneficial for each industry: If you are not sure where to start here is a not exhaustive list to give you some direction if you are not sure where to start. Sign up to the Free FutureSkills4U Regional and Rural Digital Skills Program and get started in your own time and at your own pace.
1. Renewable Energy:
- Renewable Energy Management Systems: Understanding and using digital platforms to monitor and manage renewable energy sources, such as solar panels and wind turbines.
- Grid Integration and Smart Grids: Knowledge of smart grid technologies and digital systems to efficiently integrate renewable energy into the power grid.
- Energy Storage Solutions: Familiarity with digital tools and control systems used in energy storage technologies, like batteries and pumped hydro storage.
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM): Proficiency in CAD/CAM software for designing and manufacturing products with precision and efficiency.
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT): Understanding and implementing IoT technologies in manufacturing processes for real-time monitoring and optimisation.
- Advanced Robotics and Automation: Skills in programming and operating advanced robotics and automation systems for increased productivity and quality control.
- Digital Mine Design and Planning: Utilising digital tools and mining software for mine planning, simulation, and optimisation.
- Remote Monitoring and Control: Managing mining operations through remote monitoring systems and automated control centers.
- Predictive Maintenance and Condition Monitoring: Analysing data from mining equipment to predict maintenance needs and reduce downtime.
- Precision Farming and GPS Technology: Using GPS technology and digital mapping for precision agriculture and efficient resource utilisation.
- Farm Management Software: Familiarity with farm management platforms to optimise operations, track inventory, and manage finances.
- Crop Monitoring and Drones: Using drones and sensors for crop monitoring, disease detection, and yield estimation.
In all these industries, individuals with strong digital skills are sought after to drive innovation, increase efficiency, and improve sustainability. Embracing and mastering these digital technologies can lead to improved outcomes, cost savings, and competitive advantages for companies operating in these sectors.
About the Program
The FutureSKills4U Rural and Regional Digital Skills program provides FREE access to rural and regional Queenslanders over the age of 12 to the Go 1 Learning Platform.
Here you can choose from thousands of online courses to study at your own pace. You can do as many or as few as you choose, it will be free.
This Queensland Government initiative is part of the Digital Professional Workforce Action Plan, which is working with industry and academia to give Queenslander’s access to digital skills training and the potential for a pathway to a digital career.
Improving digital capabilities in the workplace can streamline business, make you more competitive and reduce operating costs through efficiencies.
The training is self-service on demand. All you need is a browser and a computer, tablet or device with average specifications.
Because it is on demand and open until December 2023 you can fit learning new digital skills around your current workload and schedule. Some of the things you can learn include:
- Digital marketing
- Social media marketing
- Creating a digital roadmap for your business
- Business analytics
- Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Wordpress and maintaining websites
- Building a cyber resilient business
- AI and ChatGPT
- Simulation and interactive technologies
- 3D printing and prototyping.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship